Everyone has their favorite meals and snacks. When you get your braces in Chicago, Illinois, our orthodontist, Dr. Michael Stosich, will talk with you about foods can eat, and foods that you should avoid so that you do not risk damaging your braces. Below, you can find a guide for foods that can cause problems for your smile, along with some things that you can enjoy while your teeth are being straightened. If you have any questions about your diet or would like to find out if you can eat certain foods, call Tooth Fairy World at 773-327-3331 and a member of our team will be happy to help you out!
Things to Avoid:
- Hard rolls
- Ice Cubes
- Olives and cherries with pits
- Corn on the cob
- Corn chips
- Hard Candy
- Sticky candy (Including caramel and nougat)
- Any “gummy” candy
- Fruit snacks such as roll-ups
Things to Enjoy:
- Peanut butter cups
- M&M’s without the peanuts
- Chocolate-covered raisins or other fruit
- Cough drops when you are sick. Remember not to chew them!
- Apples and carrots that have been cut into smaller pieces
- Chicken that has been removed from the bone.
You can still chew some kinds of gum while you have your braces, but remember that it should be sugar-free gum, and that you should ask Dr. Stosich for her recommendation.
It is a good idea, even after your braces come off to avoid chewing on pens, pencils, your toothbrush or other objects since they can damage your braces and your teeth!